Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Dinosaur Birthday Party

We celebrated our baby's 2nd birthday last weekend.  He is very spunky 2 year old.  We call him Baby T-Rex so we thought a dinosaur themed birthday celebration with family would be fitting.

Using box cake, a can of frosting and a handful of toy dinosaurs I made dinosaur cupcakes.  Really inexpensive - couldn't have been much more than $5 for the batch and he loved them.



Using some of the items purchased from my Outdoor Love post we set up the party outdoors.  I hang lanterns from the pergola so little curious people can't get to the candles.



$24.99 basket filled with pool towels topped with a large platter, both from HomeGoods, doubles as an end table.


The birthday boy discovered he loves the pool this weekend.  That should certainly keep me on my toes.


A T-Rex piñata for my Baby T-Rex.



This was as much of his cupcake as he actually ate...


...because a little while later he puked everywhere.  #stomachviruspartyfavorsforall!

No comments:

Post a Comment