Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Here Goes Nothing...

Good news!  The township has given us approval on the gable construction so now our porch project changes over from being a repair and reinforce job to new construction.  Gulp.  Have I told you we've never built a porch before?

After reinforcing the old roof and then propping up the entire structure using 2x6's it was now or never on cutting out the center.  What a mess.


First Sean cut the middle section so that it was just resting in place.  To get the roof lifted off and away from the house he used a couple car jacks to lift the entire thing up 6."  Then (and I'm so glad the kids and I weren't home for this) he tied the roof to our jeep and yanked it off the house.  Seriously.  By some miracle the roof came off with no damage done to the house and no trips were made to the ER.


And there you have it.


Now to figure out how to build a gable.  Google here we come.

3 comments:

  1. Awesome! You will learn so much and I will vicariously live through you. I want to build a deck which will be new for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are truly a just right webmaster. The site loading speed is incredible. It seems that you are doing any unique trick. Also visit my site: λ©”μ΄μ €μ‚¬μ΄νŠΈ

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nice comment! Nice to meet you. I live in a different country from you. Your writing will be of great help to me and to many other people living in our country. I was looking for a post like this, but I finally found 온라인경마

    ReplyDelete