Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Porch Floor

So we took a couple weeks off from porching (a new word I've made up that means building a porch when you have no idea what you're doing) and were hoping we could get the township out this week to inspect the framing and then maybe get the roof and gutters installed next week.  We thought we were in good shape.  Not so much.  Then we remembered we needed to install more hardware, frame the barrel ceiling and fix all the holes in the floor.


We donned our grubby work clothes and poured concrete during a thunderstorm.  Sounds dumb (and might be) but concrete actually cures better if it is kept wet because it allows it to dry slower).

Our floor over time had grout cracks, stones popped up, etc. We also had holes left where the old posts used to be.  So we dug out the bad sections, mixed 100 lbs of concrete and filled the holes.  I won't pretend to tell you we knew what we were doing.  Shoulder shrugs all around but at least it looks better than it did a week ago.



It doesn't look perfect but at least the stones aren't moving anymore and by the time it gets a layer of dirt and dust on it I figure we won't really see it.

3 comments:

  1. This is the best article for anyone that wants to learn about this subject. 일본야동

    Please visit once. I leave my blog address below
    한국야동
    일본야동

    ReplyDelete
  2. It’s an amazing paragraph in support of all the web visitors; they will get benefit from it I am sure. 국산야동

    Please visit once. I leave my blog address below
    야설
    국산야동

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this assignment article and kept updating interesting articles. I will be a regular reader. I am offering help to students over the globe at a low price.. 중국야동넷

    Please visit once. I leave my blog address below
    야설
    중국야동넷

    ReplyDelete